- Concerto in D major for String Orchestra
- Piano Concerto No. 1 in C, Op. 15
- Rondo for Piano and Orchestra in D, K. 382
- Symphony No. 38 in D, K. 504 (Prague)
- English Chamber Orchestra
- Behzod Abduraimov
- Stephanie Gonley
Described as ‘a pianist who has it all’, Uzbekistan-born Behzod Abduraimov continues his relationship with the ECO in this season finale. He brings his immense depth of musicality and phenomenal technique to Beethoven’s First Piano Concerto, a work full of youthful energy that gives an unmistakable nod to Mozart. And it is Beethoven’s hero, Mozart, who dominates the rest of the programme with his Rondo in D and the great ‘Prague’ Symphony No. 38.
Stephanie Gonley directs the orchestra in a concert that begins with Stravinsky’s Concerto in D for string orchestra, one of his last tonal works and his first European commission after moving to America.